I am about to give you a riddle. An AWESOME riddle. It consists of a number of pictures. Behold:
Now. What do these three images all have in common?
They are all going to be in Chicago April 26-28th.
What does this have to do with me?
SO WILL I!
Husband and I will be attending our very first con EVER this spring! The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is going to be a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the geeky things we love with some incredible people.
I don’t yet have our entire agenda planned, but it will hopefully involve some/all of the following:
- Meet Peter Davison, AKA the Fifth Doctor.
- Go to a few awesome panels, including one about character development in tabletop rpgs and one run by the incomparable itsjustsomerandomguy, creator of the amazing Marvel vs DC youtube videos.
- Cosplay as Sherlock and Molly (Husband has PERFECT hair for this if it can grow out in time)
- Meet amazing artists including Cara M., who makes the fandom blends of which I have recently become enamored.
- Go to a tea party at the Adagio store, featuring Cara M. and her blends
- MEET THE FIFTH DOCTOR SERIOUSLY CAN WE FOCUS ON THAT FOR JUST A MOMENT BECAUSE HOLY COW HOW AWESOME.
- Take an inordinate number of pictures of amazing people and things.
- Pay stupid amounts of money for cool stuff and food.
- Just generally run around and take in every single awesome thing that I possibly can, as this may be the only con I’m ever able to attend.
Husband and I will be attending all three days. If you will be there and want to say hi, I’m sure we can attempt some sort of meetup somehow. If you know of awesome things going on at this con that you think we ought to check out, let us know.
I AM SO EXCITED I CAN’T EVEN EXPRESS THIS TO YOU GUYS.
I AM GOING TO A CON.
Further bulletins (and squeeing!) as C2E2 draws nearer. I may be counting down the days.