All of you out there who took the time to read this. Thanks. You’re making my day a little bit better by choosing to be a part of it.
I’ve thought about starting a blog for a while now, mostly just because I love to write and I never do it any more. I always stopped because I didn’t feel like I had anything interesting to say. I’m not a good enough photographer or crafter or cook to make a standard “mom” blog about the amazing things I do with my son every day, because frankly I think just getting through the days being a mom and loving my husband and child and not burning down buildings in the process is amazing enough. I’m not creative in the sense that I bring lovely things into the world to show you all on a regular basis. I don’t have a particular “niche” or a crazy cool concept for a blog. I just want to write about the things I love and the people I love and the God I love. I just want to have a space to put those long rants that can’t be worked into casual conversation because that would just be awkward.
And then I realized, I guess that means I have something to say after all.
Things about me that you should know if you’re reading this:
- I am a Christian. In fact, as I write this, I am a grad student working to become a Christian pastor. That informs and colors my view on things, as it should, as your beliefs inform and color your views. This won’t come into play directly with every post that I make, but if it’s going to offend you, now might be the time to back away slowly.
- I am a geek. I get really excited about stuff like Doctor Who and Pokemon and nearly anything involving writer/director/awesomeness creator Joss Whedon. I’m going to talk about that stuff a lot, and again, it colors a lot of what I say.
- I am all about discussing the tension and the relationship between points 1 and 2. I think it’s something we don’t talk about that we should talk about more, especially as geek culture becomes more prominent.
- I’m married to my dream guy and mom to a cute and crazy toddler. These things will come up frequently as well.
- I really, really like tea. Specifically adagio teas. I’ll probably plug them shamelessly a lot.
- I guess I like lists a lot, too.
I hope you keep reading this. I hope you find what I have to say interesting. It’s going to be a mish-mash of things about life, about geekiness, about tea, about theology (specifically how it relates to those other items a lot of the time), and occasionally just about ranting because heck, this is my blog and I’ll rant if I want to, right?
Come back some time. Leave a comment. Maybe we have something to say together.